AKA Baldy Peak, Mount Baldy, or Old Baldy is the highest peak in the Cimarron Range, a sub-range of the of New Mexico. It is located in Colfax County, about 6 mi (10 km) northeast of . It rises abruptly, with 3,640 feet (1,110 m) of vertical relief (in 3 miles/4.8 km), from the Moreno Valley to the west and has a total elevation of 12,441 ft.
Baldy Mountain lies on the northwestern border of the Boy Scouts of America's Philmont Scout Ranch. The valleys on the eastern side of the peak are home to some of the many small camps that are scattered throughout the Ranch. Four wheel drive roads and a radio tower exist high on the western slopes. In 1963 Norton Clapp bought 10,098 acres (41 km²) around the mountain and donated it to the Boy Scouts of America.
Copper and gold were mined in the area starting in 1866, and the top of Baldy Mountain was developed as the Mystic Lode copper mine. Mine workings and prospects are still evident on the slopes of the mountain as well. There are about 70 miles (110 km) of mines in the whole mountain. A total of $4 million was made from the gold in the mountain